Gingerbread Men Recipe
350g plain flour
1tsp bicarb of soda
2tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
175g soft brown sugar
1 free range egg
4tbsp golden syrup
- Sift flour, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon. Pour into bowl of food processor (or KMix) add butter and blend until mix looks like breadcrumbs stir in sugar
- Lightly beat egg and golden syrup together, add to food processor (or KMix) and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out and knead briefly until smooth. Wrap in Clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for +15 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180c line baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Roll out the dough to a 0.5cm (or 2nd disc on the rolling pin) thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out the shapes place on baking trays leave a gap between as they will expand a little and rise
- Bake for 9-10 mins until lightly golden brown. Leave them to cool for 10 mins move to rack to cool.
- For decoration- melt plain chocolate over water, and dip the feet of the gingerbread men in the chocolate (wait until gingerbread men have cooled first)