Welcome back to my corner of the internet, this week I’m sharing my favourite Margarita recipe with you. Many years ago if you waved a bottle of tequila under my nose I would have told you to go far far away and never return. Fast forward to 2015 and I met my soul sista or Tequila Cait. Ever since meeting that lipstick loving beauty my love affair with Tequila began.
Tequila based cocktails are fast beginning to rival my O.G love affair with Gin. So this bright Sunday morning I’m sharing my favourite tequila cocktail with a twist.
- 35ml Tequila
- 25ml Tripe Sec or Cointreau
- 40ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 20ml of Lime
- 1 wedge of lime
Makes 1 cocktail.
- One a side plate sprinkle some salt in a rough circle. My favourite salt is sea salt. Grab your lime wedge and run it around the edge of the glass. Once you have covered the rim of the glass, spin it in the sea salt making sure you’ve covered the rim. Leave to dry while you make the cocktail.
- Now at this point either grab your blender if you want a blended margarita or your cocktail shaker if you just want one shaken over ice. Personally I love both but for ease I often go for the shaken option.
- Into your shaker/blender add In some ice, as much or as little as you want. If its shaken I usually throw in about 4 cubes. For a blended drink I go for double that. Add in 40ml of freshly squeeze pink grapefruit juice, 20ml of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Next add in your tequila and triple sec. Pop on the lid and either shake that cocktail or hit the switch and blend to perfection. I shake mine until it looks light and frothy.
- Grab your salt rimmed glass and strain that the contents of your shaker in. Depending on your glass you can either pour over ice or on its own. If your blending, blend until you have the consistency of an ice slushy and then pour into the glass.
- Now for the best bit, sit back and enjoy. It’s as simple as that. Some places I have been chose to add a dried piece of grapefruit to the glass which you can make in the oven.