Aloha peeps, its been a wee while since I reviewed my Birchbox I think its because I had become a bit dissatisfied with its contents of late. I felt like it was always filed with the same products each month or brands that I’m not interested in trying. This month though, well done Birchbox, not only is not covered in the expected pink hearts for Valentines its also filled with great products this month.
So grab a coffee, curl up on the sofa and lets take a rummage together through the products I received.
- Keeome – Hydration Mask Therapy – RRP £29 for 6 – this mask claims to revitalise skin in minutes with a blend of vital vitamins and mulberry extracts that absorb into the skin. Last Friday while feeling particularly tired and I thought a little bit of pampering was just what as required. So I washed my face, popped this on and relaxed for a full 25 mins. This mask left my skin feeling soft and refreshed, and it smells heavenly so this one is a big thumbs up.
- Spectrum – C06 Tulip Eye Contour Brush – RRP £5.99 – I freaking love spectrum makeup brushes so I am always happy to receive a new one, I recently treated my self to the Glam Clam (oops). This brush is so fluffy, is wonderful for blending shadow and for bringing the shadow under the lash line.I can confirm it does all of the above wonderfully, Love this brush!
- Sebamed – Clear Face Gel – RRP £5.99 – I have always wanted to try a product with hyaluronic acid, it is supposed to be good at healing spots with out drying the skin. I am one of those lucky people who still breaks out at the age of 27 (yay!). I haven’t actually tried this yet but I am mega excited to try and it and if it works its not crazy expensive.
- Beaver Professional – Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray – RRP £21.00 – Apparently this spray helps to detangle nourish frazzled hair and injects moisture. I always want to try new hair products, I try and look after my hair as much as possible so anything that injects moisture is a plus.
- Pop Beauty – Bright up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne – £15.50 for the full palette – Honestly I was the least excited for this product, I have tons of palettes that have variations of these shades. I swatched the shades and they are pretty but the fall out isn’t’ great and they need a lot of building, so all in all not the best. I can honestly say I don’t think I’d purchase this product but its useful for an emergency makeup bag.
Finally there was this cute little quote at the bottom with a discount code for papier, I’ve recently joined Of A Glasgow Girl’s blogging snail mail group so I’ll be needing lots of letter sets for all those letters.
So there you have my February Birch Box, let me know what you think of the products or if you’ve tried any of them. Don’t forget to check out last week’s post all about my crafty valentines gifts. Happy Hump Day and I’ll see you on Sunday for another Bloggy Brides post.
Until next time…